DukeNukem on WinXP
jamehec
2005-08-28 19:34:35 UTC
Can DN3D work on WinXP? If so, how?

Thanks in advance.
Adrian
2005-08-28 21:29:04 UTC
Post by jamehec
Can DN3D work on WinXP? If so, how?
Thanks in advance.
Google for JonoF port.
George M. Reagan
2005-08-29 01:21:24 UTC
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

G.
Post by jamehec
Can DN3D work on WinXP? If so, how?
Thanks in advance.
georgie
2005-08-29 17:27:43 UTC
Post by jamehec
Can DN3D work on WinXP? If so, how?
Thanks in advance.
I use VDMSound with great success. This software allows you to run DOS
based games on Windows XP. It fixed the sound and VESA video problems I was
having with several DOS based games.

Now Duke Nukem runs better on Windows XP than it did on Windows 98SE for me.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound/

Todd
2005-10-10 16:38:39 UTC
Post by georgie
Post by jamehec
Can DN3D work on WinXP? If so, how?
I use VDMSound with great success. This software allows you to run DOS
based games on Windows XP. It fixed the sound and VESA video problems I was
having with several DOS based games.
Now Duke Nukem runs better on Windows XP than it did on Windows 98SE for me.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vdmsound/
Cool! I'll finally be able to play D3d.

By the time I bought the game, we were already in the Win95 days, and
Dos drivers for sound and whatnot were nonexistant.

I don't seem to have D3d on my system, but I tried Wolf3d under it.
Had a bit of a problem turning left, and I'd continue turning even
after I stopped pressing keys, but it was nice to hear sound again.

Oh, I see Quake 4 is scheduled for release on Oct 18! And still no
sign of Duke 4ever.

Yeah, when it's done. Cause it hasn't been started yet!!!!

Two one fingered salutes to 3drealms. And if I had more hands, or
feet like an ape, they'd get even more.
Rocky
2008-04-06 02:19:35 UTC
Duke 3D is very much "ALIVE".
Go here for all the help you need on playing Duke 3D online and multiplayer.
Works great...I use it alot.
http://dukesterx.org/index.html

Rocky (Duke alias)