Lo Wang is back in business
Georg Mildenberger
2005-09-23 08:13:34 UTC
Hello dukers,

3drealms offers a free Add-On for Shadow Warrior, Wanton Destruction.
I tried to install an the Add-On expects the CD. Otherwise it won´t start.
I own a copy, off course. But isn´t it absurd that the original game
will run whithout CD any time and the free add-on necessitates the CD?
Any suggestions for a workaround?

Schorsch
Bateau
Insert the CD.
Georg Mildenberger
2005-09-23 09:27:42 UTC
Post by Bateau
Post by Georg Mildenberger
Hello dukers,
3drealms offers a free Add-On for Shadow Warrior, Wanton Destruction.
I tried to install an the Add-On expects the CD. Otherwise it won´t start.
I own a copy, off course. But isn´t it absurd that the original game
will run whithout CD any time and the free add-on necessitates the CD?
Any suggestions for a workaround?
Insert the CD.
Will do, but i do not want to do it!

Schorsch
Bateau
Make an ISO and mount it as a virtual drive.
Kent_Diego
2005-09-26 00:46:56 UTC
The new JonoF Windows port for Shadow Warrior is out now. It adds a fix for
saving game now. This port gives Windows OpenGL and sound support for this
old DOS game. I see on the 3drealms forum that people are working on new
high resolution textures too.

http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfsw

Get the PlayWang file to get high resolution graphics, a bunch of new user
maps and some more total conversions:
http://www.proasm.com/
Use PlayWang to launch the Wanton Destruction TC.

Enjoy,
Kent