BLOOD
o***@old.dos
2006-08-16 02:40:30 UTC
BLOOD.iso-"full"version+plasmaPak+crypticPassages. written by Jason's
crew at Monolith. bought by atari and retired to a dusty shelf.
bastards. they won't sell me a copy or even answer inquiries if they
are concerning blood. a sad,sad end to the best fps game ever written,
the game that wolf led to, and the game which all other fps games are
pale pigs ears in comparison. pure elegance in it's Build engine and
very tightly woven. even the freeware version at 16mb is a wonder of
programming and imagination. suspense, excitment, mental exercise,
fustration, puzzles,even humor.- and blood enough to fill an ocean.
wonderfully unique (especially in its day) weapons ranging from a
pitchfork and dynamite to sorequest- mekind of zapping frying energy
burst rifle. such preponderence, skill, ability, creativeness,and
art-art in it's highest form. art because of the emotions the game
induces and it's lingering aftereffects.

but alas, i know not this game in it's fullness, only the shareware.
Poor, poor Caleb. doomed to obscurity, sitting on an old dusty shelf
at atari. But if some kind soul could and would post it, then caleb
could live yet again. or at least on my computers.

I cannot convey to you the extent to which i desire these files. I am
so ...........lonesome(?)..for these files i oftimes cry myself to
sleep and awake felling lost and scared and unreal. sometimes i cannot
be comforted for days on end. i finally obtained internet service so
that i could search the world over for even one kind soul that would
post my hearts desire. if i had these files i would make dozens of
backup copies and hide all over the farm and entrust to my closest
friends each a copy or two to hold for me in case of fire, flood,
invasion, or meteors from space, and never again would i feel such
hopelessness and inadequacacy as is engendered form the state i am now
in. woe is me. comfort me, comfort me, oh you posters.

I have the freeware version (which is much more enjoyable than a blunt
spam in the eye) which i could post for anyone who cares to request
it, for i would have none my Lord's children bereft of at least that
small 16mb comfort. also i have several user-made maps and episodes i
could share- but they require the "full" version to acess them. also
if I had the full version i could attempt an episode of my own
creation-and that's what all this gaming really boils down
to-creating. create an episode or create a high score or simply create
an enjoyment for your soul through a satisfying round of whatever your
favorite game happens to be.

so if there is any (and i do mean ANY) thing anyone can do to help me,
don't hesitate to just jump right in and post.

humbly yours
olddos
Richard

olddos