Duke dead?
Dan C
2006-12-24 04:21:58 UTC
Is anyone still playing Duke3D any more? I still have it installed on an
older machine, and play every once in a great while with a family member,
but getting harder to find anyone else playing.

Anyone around in here? <echo echo>
Mike Jones
2006-12-24 11:00:57 UTC
Post by Dan C
Is anyone still playing Duke3D any more? I still have it installed on an
older machine, and play every once in a great while with a family member,
but getting harder to find anyone else playing.
Anyone around in here? <echo echo>
Nope.

Well I did have a go at the hires stuff recently, jolly good it is too,
but I'm not much of one for DM, I prefer exploring type maps.
Petri Piira
2006-12-24 11:56:34 UTC
Post by Dan C
Is anyone still playing Duke3D any more?
Yes
Post by Dan C
Anyone around in here? <echo echo>
No, go to 3DRealms forums
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=15
Post by Dan C
:)

Petri Piira
Nightcrawler
2007-01-01 00:32:28 UTC
On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:21:58 -0600, Dan C
Post by Dan C
Is anyone still playing Duke3D any more? I still have it installed on an
older machine, and play every once in a great while with a family member,
but getting harder to find anyone else playing.
When I got my laptop, after I installed the antivirus/firewall I put
in: Duke Nukem 3d (JonoF's version)
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d

This is a WINDOWS version, so it works on newer machines. It has FAR
better sound and you can set it for what ever resolution doesn't run
slow on your system! All you need is the GRP file from your regular
Duke cd.

PS. If you have questions about this post,
You could reply here, or go to my webpage
and click MESSAGING, for more options.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/donalddube
Davej
2007-02-11 23:54:22 UTC
Post by Dan C
Is anyone still playing Duke3D any more? I still have it installed on an
older machine, and play every once in a great while with a family member,
but getting harder to find anyone else playing.
When I got my laptop, after I installed the antivirus/firewall I put
in: Duke Nukem 3d (JonoF's version)http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfduke3d
This is a WINDOWS version, so it works on newer machines. It has FAR
better sound and you can set it for what ever resolution doesn't run
slow on your system! All you need is the GRP file from your regular
Duke cd.
PS. If you have questions about this post,
You could reply here, or go to my webpage
and click MESSAGING, for more options.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/donalddube
Is this an improved rewrite of the Duke game engine? Is it really much
better looking? I've been trying to get "Duke in DC" to install and
not doing too well at figuring that out. There is a patch but it just
changed my runtime error number from 200 to 005.
Rocky
2008-04-06 02:10:05 UTC
Duke 3D is very much "ALIVE".
Go here for all the help you need on playing Duke 3D online and multiplayer.
Works great...I use it alot.
http://dukesterx.org/index.html

Rocky (Duke alias)