Duke Nukem
New S Reader
2009-02-28 15:04:56 UTC
Wow, this newsgroup is so quiet that there's not even much spam in here
anymore! But I'm feeling optimistic... 2009 is going to be Duke's year.
It'll finally be released. Who's with me?
Georg Mildenberger
2009-03-01 20:09:23 UTC
*Snip snip*
Post by New S Reader
Wow, this newsgroup is so quiet that there's not even much spam in here
anymore! But I'm feeling optimistic... 2009 is going to be Duke's year.
It'll finally be released. Who's with me?
Me is me is!

And I am pretty shure we the true and faithful will be awarded free copys
and the unwashed agnostics will have to buy it!

Greetings

Schorsch
Barry OGrady
2009-07-20 00:18:00 UTC
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:09:23 +0100, Georg Mildenberger
Post by Georg Mildenberger
*Snip snip*
Post by New S Reader
Wow, this newsgroup is so quiet that there's not even much spam in here
anymore! But I'm feeling optimistic... 2009 is going to be Duke's year.
It'll finally be released. Who's with me?
Me is me is!
And I am pretty shure we the true and faithful will be awarded free copys
and the unwashed agnostics will have to buy it!
It's been out for years so you might expect it to be on file sharing.
Post by Georg Mildenberger
Greetings
Schorsch
Georg Mildenberger
2009-07-20 06:43:20 UTC
Hei Barry,
Post by Barry OGrady
On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:09:23 +0100, Georg Mildenberger
Post by Georg Mildenberger
*Snip snip*
Post by New S Reader
Wow, this newsgroup is so quiet that there's not even much spam in here
anymore! But I'm feeling optimistic... 2009 is going to be Duke's year.
It'll finally be released. Who's with me?
Me is me is!
And I am pretty shure we the true and faithful will be awarded free copys
and the unwashed agnostics will have to buy it!
It's been out for years so you might expect it to be on file sharing.
No! I was talking about DNF! And that seems not te be out for years.
And not just downloading DN3D but buying it may speed up the process.

Greetings
Schorsch

Petri Piira
2009-05-07 09:59:57 UTC
Post by New S Reader
Wow, this newsgroup is so quiet that there's not even much spam in here
anymore! But I'm feeling optimistic... 2009 is going to be Duke's year.
It'll finally be released. Who's with me?
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/46836/3D-Realms-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Developer-Shut-Down

Sad day for Duke fans (and many many many other games).

"A very reliable source with inside knowledge of Duke Nukem Forever
developer 3D Realms today told Shacknews that the company has been shut
down.
The closure came about as a result of funding issues, our source explained,
with the shut down said to affect both 3D Realms and the recently
resurrected Apogee name. Employees of both companies have already been let
go.

Phone calls and e-mails to various 3D Realms veterans have thus far gone
unanswered, with publishing partner Take-Two likewise unavailable for
comment. "

"Hey pal, what are you gonna do? Save DNF all by yourself?"

Regards

[OFC]Petrick

www.oldfartsclub.com
Esra Sdrawkcab
2009-05-07 14:19:43 UTC
Post by Petri Piira
Post by New S Reader
[...]
Well I guess it looked unlikely since about y2k.
Reverse! Nuns!
Scottwo
2009-06-14 01:16:16 UTC
Shut down? HA, what took so long?

Their website was nothing but hype about their old games. Anyone who stuck
around until the end shouldn't have been surprised they were eventually let
go.

I still remember promises of a new Duke sometime back in 1996 and from that
point forward the excuses were one after another. The only chance of
3drealms and Apogee surviving was if DOS was resurrected again and the
preferred operating system.

Good by and good riddance.
www.oldfartsclub.com
Barry OGrady
2009-07-20 00:16:27 UTC
Post by New S Reader
Wow, this newsgroup is so quiet that there's not even much spam in here
anymore! But I'm feeling optimistic... 2009 is going to be Duke's year.
It'll finally be released. Who's with me?
Some of us have been playing 'Duke' for years. Stop waiting and enjoy
now!