Transparent walls?
Big Al, (Iso Allo)
2006-04-08 11:36:44 UTC
How I can create a transparent wall,
for example: force fields, windows, etc..

How Cycler (lettersymbol C) works?

How I can create blinking lights or change
object color?

How I can create an sector and then turn
it to so that sector "border" lines are red?

Big Al
Tom Breton
2006-04-08 18:22:35 UTC
In article <4437a053$1$10678$***@news.fv.fi>,
Big Al, \(Iso Allo\) <allosaurus-***@isoallo.net> wrote:

First, you should get Jonah Bishop's map FAQ. The URLs I have are old, but try:

http://mapfaq.3dportal.com -- Map FAQ Central
http://www.dukeworld.com -- Dukeworld
Post by Big Al, (Iso Allo)
How I can create a transparent wall,
for example: force fields, windows, etc..
Excuse the typos, I typed this on the fly.

Those are 2 quite different things. Force fields: Mask the wall, give it the frocefield texture or the bigforce etexture, give it a lotag that's the sam,e as a switch's lotag, unmask it, and you've got a forcefield you can turnh on and off.

I wrote that too fast: If you don
t care about turning it on and off, it's the same as a window.

For a window, just mask the wall and give it a glass texture. Similarly for cages, screens, etc.
Post by Big Al, (Iso Allo)
How Cycler (lettersymbol C) works?
DOn't use it much myself.
Post by Big Al, (Iso Allo)
How I can create blinking lights or change
object color?
Some textures blink, and there's a sector effector for random lights.

Change an object's dolor by changing its pallette, Alt-P.
Post by Big Al, (Iso Allo)
How I can create an sector and then turn
it to so that sector "border" lines are red?
That happens automatically when 2 sectors share a wall.

But read the map FAQ, it tells you all this.
Post by Big Al, (Iso Allo)
Big Al